Tuesday, October 17, 2006

YO!! guess who's back...it's the real slim snd xD

Man, I can't remember how long it has been since the last time i met yall..feels frus cuz I'm always the last to know about gatherings and stuff *sob*..

Anyway, props to Joon for creating this blog for PM1!! like i care....Lolx jkjk, this is great. Now I don't have to tell Ser yin i've just shat and then have Vin Shen askin me wut i was up to and then SMS Kai Ning to tell her the same thing. xD hakxx!

While u guys are all headin to unis....YES i'm still workin ere in KL *sob* but sall good cuz I guess this is wut i rlly wanna do. Been writing songs for local artists as a start-off point in my music career, arranging vocals, music engineering and recording demos for the past 3 to 4 months. By the way, vocal arrangement simply means putting the best takes together as one. Yea we basically get the artist to record the song or a particular section by looping it for a few times. (sometimes we need to record over 50 takes of one phrase just to get 1 right) And then from the different takes I'd pick the best takes by sections and put em together.

The other day I just arranged Nitta's vocals for a song she did, supposed to be produced and edited by my producer, Siew but he went golfing (damn) so i did all the work and her vocals nearly bored me to death. She should be considered 'great' for being Malaysian Idol 2 first runner-up for God's sake and she doesn't have the least bit of idea in doing the add lips or just ANY simple thrills of which a mediocre Malay singer find easy. WHOA frus-nye. Initially I wanted to guide her to do the add lips by recording mine on top of her straight boring vocals, and then have her to follow thru for the next recording session but then well u noe lah. Her EGO being the 1st runner-up might not allow her to give in to a loser in OIAM or an 18 y/o noob. So i just decided to add like a few effects here and there to make it interesting (cuz she's not goin to have another session so that would be like the final vocal for the song...WURT??) . Then Siew came back from golf and he was like, 'HMMPH...Cindy, u gotta school her i guess..get in the booth(and record)!' So yea had my vocals on top of hers...And DUHHH it finally sounded interesting xD hee hee haa haa

And there was another song I did (composed, wrote em lyrics) with only my vocals in it called 6 Days.. It's an R&B number and my frens who've heard it thought it's rlly good, but I didn't nail it tho cuz the second verse was recorded a few months after the first, and my voice did change noticeably and i just recorded it straight thru for the second verse so it's abit f*cked (to me at least). Is there any way i can post it up here to share it? warning ya it's copyrighted hahahkx no cetak rompaks allowed! Might be selling the song to some artist soon..if we find that someone who an pull it off! (not easy to sing u noe, wah lao eh)

About my studies, ugh....my results for a level are like the stuff u find in ur toilet >.<" stink...and they cant even meet the minimum requirements for most courses. So yea I might be doing Foundation Studies for Applied Photography once i'm mentally prepared to get back to studying. I would probably be doing wut I'm doing now for another 1 yr, but with a better pay and more say. Cuz I'll soon be producing new artists...hee hee. Spice bimbos, cili girls, destiny's kid, Pussycat dogs...u name it! =D Hopefully havin my songs sold in US for a million USD!! Wish me luck, mates... Till then, keep the blog goin fellas. i dont get the chance to go online often, not to mention to write such a friggin long blog >.<"

















That was taken in Club De Vegas where I sing on Wed's nites. And that clown is a dodgy mofo...lolx



CHEERS
[ snd ]

5 Comments:

Blogger adrian.ng.wen.jun said...

hey cindy.. nice dress.. and btw.. how ya eh? long time no chat wit ya.. :)

12:03 AM  
Blogger adrian.ng.wen.jun said...

hahaha... no lo... sad sad.. :P i m fine.. things turning out great here in manc.. :) take care eh.. ;)

4:57 PM  
Blogger porknuggets said...

sad? lolz... nice hair cindy!! i think u look better in brown than last time purple(or red forget d?) hahaa

8:50 PM  
Blogger chengyee said...

U looked sexy lar cindy. U thought have wear this to college everyday xD.

2:02 AM  
Blogger chengyee said...

correction.. is *should*

2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home