Thursday, November 16, 2006

The interesting country we were born in

Here's something I found reading the Star Online... something I thought was marginally hilarious...

Malaysia's first astronaut to do what no one in space has done before
KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia's first astronaut will do what no one in space has done before: play traditional Malay children's games without gravity.
The astronaut - yet to be selected - will play "batu seremban,'' or "five stones'' and spin traditional Malay tops in space, Agriculture Ministry parliamentary secretary Rohani Abdul Karim told parliament on Wednesday.
Rohani, who was replying on behalf of the Science, Technology and Innovations Ministry, said the astronaut would also do batik painting and making teh tarik.


Makes you wonder sometimes what we're actually aiming for, doesn't it?? Painting batik in space... *faint*

Anyways... less than 3 weeks before I'm coming back!! I sooo need the hols... never imagined I'd have this much catch-up studying to do... haihz... and need to rest too... :D

Hope I get the chance to meet you guys in those weeks when I'm home!

4 Comments:

Blogger porknuggets said...

*slaps forehead* waste money stupid dumb government. give more money for scholarship lar!

anyways u coming subang r ryan?

3:57 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

lol I might be able to come... definitely will spend a few days in PJ playing with my cousin's baby girl... the kid was born on the night I left for UK u kno... until now still haven't seen her... hehe... so yeah... if I'm around and free I'll let u guyz know... :D

4:29 PM  
Blogger porknuggets said...

right..
come visit us at imu we go eat or something yar,, then i will ask those two at monash to join us too!

9:53 PM  
Blogger [dw] said...

Justin Timberlake will be joining us for lunch? Your PR skills not bad Joon...got to invite him also...muahaha...

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home